Philly’s always had a ton of great options for some late night fun. And with Esquire magazine recently naming Philadelphia “The Late Night Capital of the United States” , I wanted to give my perspective as a Philly insider, and showcase some of my favorite spots for good times in Philly in the wee hours of the morning:
- Pat’s and Geno’s, Bella Vista: It’s a classic (bordering on a cliche, even) but every Philadelphian has followed a night of bar hopping with a cheese steak.
- Oscar’s, Center City: The patrons are an eclectic mix of regulars from the neighborhood, art institute students and Center City weekend warriors. Plus, they serve the city-wide special (that’s really all you need for a good time in Philly).
- Era, Fairmount/Brewerytown: Where else can you get Ethiopian food and karaoke in the same place? Era is a ton of fun after checking out some live music at nearby North Star Bar.
- Midnight Pretzel Bike Ride, Art Musem Area: You know what’s an amazing way to spend a Tuesday night? A bike ride to South Philly then chowing down on some soft pretzels. The tradition has been going strong for years now, starting at the steps of the Art Museum and ending at the Center City Pretzel Company at 9th and Washington.
- Union Transfer, Spring Arts: The new music venue hosts a great happy hour every show, offering great drink discounts.
- Barbuzzo, Midtown Village: The night owl menu at this Mediterranean hot spot features a rotating menu of great food and cocktails.
Just a few of the many great deals and traditions that makes Philadelphia the best late night town in the country. What are some of your favorite things to do in Philly after hours?